The Wateridge Village Community Association is looking to fill the position of Treasurer. This is a volunteer position open to residents of Wateridge Village.
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Maintaining financial records.
- Preparing a financial report for each meeting.
- Presenting annual financial statements at the AGM.
- Maintaining a bank account.
- Acting as one of the signing officers for cheques.
- Filing annual return.
Day to day tasks include:
- Monitoing the WVCA bank account, planned expenses, and financial situation
- Preparing and maintaining a general ledger, income statement, and balance sheet
- Providing an update on WVCA finances at each monthly board meeting-
- Deposit and write cheques
As a member of the board executive the Treasurer is also expected to:
- Be fully informed on community association matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs and advocacy.
- Commit to the work of the association and review the board’s conduct and monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies.
- Speak positively of the association and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees and communities to enhance the WVCA mission.
- To promote, establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships between local government representatives, agencies and members of other organizations that reside within the designated area.
- Participate in at least 75% of the meetings per year and inform the President of absence in advance.
- Participate in the development of the association’s plan, annual review and budget.
- Prepare and present required reports at Board meetings and the AGM.
- Participate in projects between meetings as necessary.
If you are interested in this role please send a cover letter and your cv to the attention of Roxanne Fields: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!